Tuesday, July 15, 2008

10 days and counting





Jerom had his farewell on Sunday. It was amazing and he did an excellent job. I am so impressed with him and all that he has become. He leaves me in awe most of the time. He will be a blessing to the people of Guatemala and they will be a blessing to him. Sunday was a very emotional day and I was left with a little time to reflect on my life. I am almost 30 and so grateful for the path that I have traveled. I have been humbled, found true love and experienced both wonderful ups and terrible downs. I am grateful for the wonderful gift of the Gospel and that I am privileged to have it in my life. I have learned for myself the truth that comes from Christ and his never ending love and patience he has for me. I am grateful for the atonement and the chance that I have to become better each and every day. I am so thankful for those of you who have been such an impact on my life. I have surrounded myself with amazing people and I am grateful to you for loving me and my family. Jer, I love you so much and will miss you terribly but I know you are making the right choice and will forever be blessed because of it. I appreciate the example you are to my kids and myself. You are amazing, good luck!!

8 comments:

Haskins said...

Wow looks like you are having a fun summer!! I didnt realize that you have been on all these trips!! How fun!

Aim said...

Yea! New posts! K, the fishing trip was hilarious, isn't it so true that you think they will enjoy it when they don't? So funny...I love it. Love all the pictures, keep em coming. Lets do dinner soon!

Kalli Ko said...

glad you finally updated! I can't believe Jarom is going on a mission... when did we get old enough for that to happen?

Holland said...

I would be nervous too to let Kate go tubing. It looked like your trip turned out to be a success. That fishing trip story was funny. What we do for our kids.

Tami said...

I love all your cute pictures! I am so glad that you have started posting more. It's fun to see how you guys are doing!

Andy and Jodi said...

Hey thanks for your testimony! I miss you we need to get together. Call me! Your kids are darling. It is so good to see you (on your blog that is)
Jodi
368-9370

Monica said...

This is so great. I bet you're so excited for him. The people, culture, and artwork down there in Guatemala are beautiful. I'm excited for you to get and send letters to him while he's away. I loved getting letters from my brother when he was on his mission.

Amy said...

I found you! Mike and I were hoping to make it out this summer and we're sad we missed Jerom before he left... Your kids are darling and I can't believe how much Swayz looks just like you! Hopefully we'll make it out to Utah soon!