Sunday, May 11, 2008

NEW YORK, NEW YORK





Over spring break I went to New York with my Mom, Grandma and sister. We left on Tuesday and stayed until Saturday. We had the time of our lives!! I should mention that this was the first time that Shane has had the kids over night without me there. I was so excited for his new experience. Everything was going great while I was gone, then on Wed. I got a phone call that Mikey was sick. I felt bad but what do you do. Shane took great care of him and when I called the next day to check up on him Shane told me that Mikey was fine but that Swayz was now sick. She had thrown up twice. Hum.... I felt bad for not being there but I think it was really good for Shane. ( I love you sweety)
Back to New York; We stayed in a hotel in Time Square and were able to go do all of the touristy things. My favorite was attending the Broadway show Lion King. I lived in upstate New York about 7 years ago where I was a camp counselor. When I was there we were able to go into the city and I fell in love. I have always wanted to go back and was so grateful for the opportunity. New York is one of the most amazing places I have ever been. I love the rich culture, all of the history and the mixture of people. Thanks Mom for the trip I loved every second of it.

10 comments:

Tami said...

How fun!! I am so jealous I love New york I bet you had so much fun.

Aim said...

Looks like you had a blast! I can't wait to get to New York someday, that city is so awesome. So sad that your kids got sick, poor Shane. I bet he did a great job. Let's do dinner soon!

Monica said...

I'm glad you liked New York. When I went earlier this year, I only got to stay a few days, so I'd love to go again and spend some more time.

Haskins said...

I am so glad you had such a fun time in New York!! YOu look so cute in all your pics!

Allison Bushman said...

I LVOE NEW YORK! I'm glad you were able to go!

Angie said...

That was one of my favorite parts about nannying in New Jersey-New York was just ahop skip and a jump away. It really is an amazing place to visit. I haven't been back since and would love to go again. Lucky you!!! Moms are the best...glad you were able to go and way to go Shane. I didn't know he had t in him! :)

rick and cheryl said...

Hey Kinzie! We found your blog off of Laura's. Your kids are beautiful.

Mendenhall Madness said...

sounds like a lot of fun. Good for you, you got a trip away from the kids. Dad's always need a little sickness to take care of to see what moms go through all the time. Your family is so cute!!!

April said...

KENZIE! It's me, APRIL! HOW ARE YOU??? I found your blog through Miss Funks! You have TWO kids? SOOOOO cute!

Check out our blog if you want: www.wearetheduvalls.blogspot.com

Liz Odle said...

Kinzie email me at lizardping44@gmail.com I want your address so I can invite you to my baby shower but I've lost your email address.